The Meadows at Yaphank - Fact Sheet
- The Meadows at Yaphank is a planned community that will be located at the intersection of the Long Island Expressway and William Floyd Parkway at the site of the old Parr Meadows race track.
- Proposed residential: 332 townhouses, 294 condominiums, and 224 rental apartments. 10% of the residential will be "workforce" housing (aka affordable housing) for residents earning less than 80% of the area median income.
- Proposed retail: 327,500 square feet of retail, 5,000 square feet of restaurant space
- Proposed commercial: 550,000 square feet of office space for industrial or commercial use plus a 150,000-square foot, 220-room hotel.
- Additional components include two baseball fields, a multi-use athletic field, a pavilion, rest rooms and a community center.
- In order to build this project, $4.2 million in improvements will have to be made to the Dorade Sewer Treatment Plant.
- It is estimated that this project will take 10 years to build.
- This project will be in the Longwood School District, adding an estimated 350-400 new students to the district.
- In 2011, the Brookhaven Town Board unanimously rezoned this property to "mixed use," thus paving the way for its development.